Build the Ocean Procurement team to help Flexport grow
Our Ocean Freight Team continues to grow and, as part of that growth, we're looking to expand into the Canadian Market with a Senior Ocean Procurement Manager overseeing Ocean FCL Procurement.
Our Ocean Procurement Team is essential to winning new business and building out the future of Flexport’s ocean services. As the Senior Ocean Manager you will be an integral part of establishing Flexport in the Canadian Market, building strong relationships with our ocean carrier partners and providing guidance to our commercial organization.
- Work with Sales, regional GM’s and Global Ocean management team to define our ocean freight procurement strategy for Canada
- Work closely with all of the major ocean carriers in and out of Canada in order to procure competitive rates and capacity to support Flexport’s growth strategy
- Undertake responsibility for the fulfillment of our allocated capacity and work with our planning teams to make sure we are maximizing our procurement leverage
- Work closely with our commercial organization to win new business by joining sales calls and QBR’s and act as an internal consultant on RFP’s
- Build and train team and winning ocean team in Canada
You should have:
- Between 5-10 years previous leadership experience in Freight Forwarding managing a procurement team and/or relevant trade lane management experience.
- Mature and established carrier Relationships in Canada with key trade decision makers
- Comfortable to make decisions independently, but values collaboration
- The desire to lead, train, and develop up and coming industry talent.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.