We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for Security Engineers to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As Senior Security Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure, you will be responsible for enabling visibility across our cloud environments, deploying and managing commercial security tools, building integrations, automation and custom tools to bridge gaps.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the engineering, infrastructure, and security teams to develop, deploy, and maintain secure cloud architectures aligned to internal standards and current best practices.
- Implement monitoring capabilities that enable continuous asset inventory and posture assessment across cloud operating environments.
- Deploy and manage secret and privileged access management technologies to enable secure access, application of least privilege principle and accountability for change/configuration management.
- Design and implement Identity and Access Management capabilities in close partnership with our Engineering and Product teams.
- Implement and administer security technology controls (WAF, RASP, DDoS, anti-malware, forensics, IDS, DLP) across cloud infrastructure.
- Integrate cloud applications, infrastructure, and security tools with SIEM/SOAR platforms that consolidate visibility across the environment for continuous monitoring, incident detection, analysis, forensic artifact collection, containment, eradication, and recovery.
- Assess data flows across the cloud environment to identify process weaknesses or technology gaps that could result in privacy or security breaches.
- Participate in security incident response, red team and penetration testing exercises, bug bounty response, and audit support.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and newsletter items for communicating with management and teams across the company.
- Create a culture of transparency, information sharing, and collaboration through the development of excellent documentation, mentoring of junior team members, and living Flexport’s values.
What you’ll need:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- 5+ years of security experience in a fast-paced global environment.
- 3+ years of experience with major IaaS and PaaS cloud platforms and best practices for monitoring and securing such environments.
- 2+ years of experience with IaaS cloud infrastructure, container technologies, and software-oriented architecture.
- 2+ years of experience with IAM, secrets and privileged access management, and PKI.
- Experience with SIEM and security orchestration technologies.
- Experience with WAF, RASP, DDoS, DLP, network security technologies.
- Experience with endpoint and network protection technologies.
- Excellence in problem-solving, strategic thinking, and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with DevOps and SaaS environments.
Where you’ll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street. We’re dog-friendly. We do a lot of 1:1s at the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens and, as a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.