Develop intelligent systems to power Flexport’s marketing team.
Flexport is looking for an eager and driven Marketing Associate to help accelerate our hyper-growth! Start your career off by learning what it takes to disrupt a trillion dollar industry at one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies.
As a Marketing Associate you will be exposed to all the different aspects of Marketing from the get go. We believe the best way to learn is to get involved from day 1 and we will help guide you through the ropes to learn. This role will have exposure to the whole lifecycle marketing and you will be an integral member of our Marketing team to run various initiatives in Product Marketing, Field Marketing, CRM, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Channel Marketing and Demand Generation initiatives.
You’ll also take ownership of our inbound lead relationships from the time they first engage with our website, to when they’re ready to have a deeper sales conversation. You’ll set up qualified opportunities for our sales reps that grow into successful, long-term customers.
- Gather and analyze consumer behavior data (e.g. web traffic and conversion rates) across multiple platforms
- Assist and support field marketing events and initiatives
- Coordinate with Global and local teams and external agencies to create collaterals and materials to engage with our target audiences
- Conduct market research on existing customers and potential customers by using internal and external databases to outline new opportunities
- Create marketing reports to reflect on marketing metrics, performances and results of campaigns
- Quickly identify, qualify, respond and convert inbound leads and enquiries to opportunities in discovery stage
- Develop a deep understanding of how Flexport solves our client’s global shipping and logistics problems in order to respond to all enquiries and to convert them to opportunities
- Have engaging conversations with our prospects over phone, email, Wechat and other communications channel
- Help write and improve call scripts and email communications that help you quickly understand a prospect’s pain points and priorities
- Work with Flexport’s Sales & Marketing teams to write email / call sequences, test campaign cadences, and provide feedback on outreach campaigns
- Foster strong working relationships with your Sales counterparts and the wider sales organization
- Help maintain and update our CRM database
- Track and report on outreach and nurturing activities within Salesforce and other marketing outreach tools
- Identify and engage with key contacts at trade shows, happy hours, or other field marketing event
You should have:
- 2-3 years in a sales, business development, B2B sales, pre-sales or customer service roles
- Knowledge in using Salesforce, Marketo, WeChat, Photoshop and has demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new applications
- Experience working in tech or other high-growth industries
- The ability to strike up conversations with people of all ages and cultures
- Excellent written and oral Chinese communication skills and strong analytical skills with a “can-do” attitude
- The ability to work, adapt, and overachieve under pressure
- Be curious, thoughtful, and a team player
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.