Help us grow our Northeast operation
The GM, Northeast of Flexport will relish the chance to provide a tangible solution to a so-far unsolved problem. This person is tasked with growing a team of world-class tech, operations, and account management executives centered around retaining quality customers, while upselling an existing base of shippers. Additionally, this person will manage all regional operations (P&L responsibility) and drive the culture and vision of Flexport forwards.
You will develop and implement a regional business plan which includes key deliverables, dates, competitive strategies, product positioning/messaging, and ultimately full P&L responsibility to achieve the company's growth objectives and a leading market position in the Northeast. This position will report directly to the GM, North America and provide monthly and quarterly revenue and operations guidance and visibility up to the CEO with the responsibilities below.
- Manage a geographically distributed team across 2 locations
- Drive account management and implementation teams such that Flexport customers realize value more quickly.
- Grow a budding services and operations team to effectively drive client success and service clients in multiple markets.
- Partner with the SVP, Sales to build and execute a strategy to meet/exceed agreed upon sales and margin targets.
- Enhance the ‘land and expand’ strategy to penetrate deeply into the enterprise and mid-market faster.
- Engage closely with core Inside Sales/SDR leadership to continually refine hybrid attack strategy, be involved in the “key deals” each quarter.
- Install best of breed operations and account management practices and oversee territory/account planning, forecasting and pipeline management.
You should have:
- Proven success scaling a business, preferably experience growing a revenue stream from $250M to $500M+
- Compelling and verifiable track record of success as an organizational leader, strategic thinker and innovative builder.
- Track record of market-making/market-redefining – taking new products into new markets and creating and operationalizing an end-to-end operational process.
- Hands on leader with the ability to attract and retain a highly motivated and talented team.
- Proven top-performing leader with the ability to drive account management teams to significant revenue growth.
- Enterprise, marketplace and process-driven leadership and business development experience gained in fast-paced, high growth organizations.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a strong track record of successfully delivering innovation market and driving results
- Experience identifying, hiring and developing a world-class team from an early stage; proven ability to mentor and lead great talent
- Exceptional business, budget and people management skills; passionate about achieving team success; able to inspire and motivate the team.
- Track record of hiring, growing and retaining “A” players.
- Can-do, roll-up-the-sleeves, results-oriented approach; accessible and approachable.
- Strategic thinker and disciplined planner; able to operationalize strategic plans; well organized.
- Excellent presenter and communicator on all channels (written, verbal, phone, media)
- Exceptional negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Cognizant of business cultural differences and norms across the globe; able to adapt style and approach to local business cultures.
- Highly collaborative; track record of building strong internal and external relationships.
- High integrity and ethics; style and behavior align with Flexport’s values
- Self-motivated, high-energy to sustain success in a fast-paced environment.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation