Build the Asia Ocean Freight Team to help Flexport grow
This role will be a part of the Asia Ocean Freight organization within our Supply-Side Team. The Ocean Freight Operations Manager will join our growing Asia Ocean Freight Team to lead and manage ocean freight operations and offer local logistics services to Flexport clients and their suppliers in South China. This position will report into the Sr. Ocean Freight Operation Manager (S.China). Salivating at the thought of building teams and processes while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade.
- Lead and manage a team of Ocean Freight Operation Associate to execute ocean freight booking and documentation processes with carriers/booking agents for South China
- Manage local carrier relationships to ensure a strong working partnership with ocean freight carriers locally (handle exceptions and resolve systemic issues)
- Work with our Global Account Management teams to ensure an effective end-to-end China export process for Flexport customers
- Work with our Procurement & Fulfillment Teams to develop weekly forecasts and ensure a. Flexport delivers on space commitments consistently and b. Carriers uphold their space commitments weekly
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for Flexport Product and Engineering to contribute to the development and implementation of software and systems that will enable us to differentiate Flexport from the industry
- Ensure compliance with appropriate governmental regulations and company policies
- Continuously identify and execute on process and software improvements to drive stakeholder (carrier & internal account team) satisfaction
- Live and act with integrity, guided by the company values including sustaining a high bar for operational quality and service
You should have:
- 3 years of prior experience at a top freight forwarder or carrier ideally with customer service or booking/documentation operations experience
- A BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- Strategic vision for process innovation and ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with stakeholder happiness. You succeed when they succeed!
- Strong command of English and Mandarin
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it
- The desire and ability to lead, train, and develop the best talent in the industry
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.