The Professional Services team’s mission is to enable a highly efficient, predictable and transparent supply chain by building robust data network between the Flexport core platform and our customer, supplier and carrier systems.
As a support engineer for the integration support team within the Professional Services group, you will be responsible for becoming the SME on integrations built by Professional Services solutions engineers on the Dell Boomi platform as well as serving as API SME for customers utilizing our self-service API’s
We’re looking for an organized and motivated person to ensure inbound requests are triaged quickly and efficiently, owning all communications with major stakeholders from start to end. In addition, you’ll work closely with Professional Services Solutions Engineers and Architects to identify process improvements that will benefit support and maximize the efficiency of the integration support team. This is a great role for someone who wants a career path as a Solutions Engineer, and/or a drive to improve the integration support experience and play a key role in its evolution at a rapidly growing company.
- Become a technical expert in logistics space and develop a deep understanding of the Flexport platform, Dell Boomi, and Flexport APIs
- Develop an understanding of the various EDI standards being used by our larger partners for logistics data
- Work closely with Flexport Product and Engineering teams, proactively surfacing any gaps between customer needs and asks and the current product capabilities and collaborate closely to address them.
- Build stakeholder relationships to foster trust, transparency and empathy
- Monitor and triage inbound requests, owning investigation from start to finish
- Contribute to the integration support knowledge base
- Identify opportunities to optimize existing processes as well as product inefficiencies
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- 2+ years API support experience
- UNIX and SQL Proficiency
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organization and time-management skills paired with a reputation for getting things done
- Curiosity about the world and a willingness to diligently chase down details
- A great attitude, and a desire to get your hands dirty
- A drive to improve yourself and your teammates
- A demonstrated aptitude for analytical thinking
Bonus if you have:
- Prior experience building/supporting EDI integrations.
- Experience with Dell Boomi Atomsphere
- Logistics/Supply Chain Industry Experience
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, in whatever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
New to the industry? No problem. We’ll teach you what you need to know!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.