Build the Workplace team to help Flexport grow
Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
To keep up with our growth, we’re looking for a smart and passionate Workplace Manager for our growing team to help in building and scaling business expansion projects. Keep reading!
- Ability to directly manage people in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a single time completing the projects on time and under budget.
- Oversee the bigger picture in regards to internal communications and event coordination
- Communicate with building management assuring the office operates within building rules and regulations.
- Manage all vendors across facilities and office related functions.
- Help maintain the appearance of the office conference rooms, kitchens, and common areas.
- Keep the office in compliance with monthly audits and holding the team accountable to a high standard of security for employee safety.
- Ability to oversee and manage to an assigned budget
- Work in conjunction with IT Help Desk implementing cross functional projects
- Admin support and additional projects as needed
- Work to implement strategies and events to keep employees active and engaged in Flexport culture
You should have:
- A BS/BA degree preferred
- 3-5 years of administrative/office experience, ideally in a high-growth environment
- A passion for people. You are smart, thoughtful, emotionally intelligent, and excited to bring out the best in people
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with setting up new office is a plus
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments within a complex organization
- A structured and organized approach towards your work
- A strong sense of urgency and personal accountability (you take the initiative to make things happen)
- Professionalism including the ability to make a good first impression and demonstrate respectful, friendly and welcoming behavior
- You see a problem and come armed with a solution
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.