Lead the build out of core technology at Flexport
Flexport's mission is to make global trade easier for everyone. This means solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged. We're looking for makers who love learning, who are passionate about collaborating, and who want to see the powerful impact of the solutions we're building.
The Core Platform team is a new function at Flexport. We are looking to invest in building out core foundational components on our system that can help us scale as a business.
- Grow out and be the face of core foundational services for Flexport.
- Establish best practices and standards around Identity and Access Management (IAM,) Workflow Management and Rules Engine.
- Build out the implementation team between the SF and Shenzhen office.
- Work closely with business partners and product managers to distill complex business problems into elegant technical solutions.
- Launch products/features rapidly and incrementally.
- Contribute code and guide the technical direction and roadmap.
- Geek out over the technical complexity of the problems that we are trying to solve.
You should have:
- 5+ years of engineering management experience
- 3+ years of experience working on implementation of an IAM, Workflow and/or Rules Engine system at scale.
- 5+ years of production experience working with Ruby, Java, Python and/or Go.
- Excellent Communication skills, including the ability to explain the business value and generate excitement around new capabilities unlocked by the new foundational components at Flexport.
On the frontend, we use React for the views, organize the data flow with Flux architecture, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we're a Rails shop riding on AWS and Postgres RDS. Our continuous releases are integrated with Travis CI and Github. Our staging server infrastructure is written in Python.
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.