Deliver unmatched experiences to Flexport users
We are looking for an experienced leader to build and scale a truly best-in-class operations & service enablement organization. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall enablement of our global service, operations and third party network. You will establish a world-class programmatic approach to onboarding, training, change management and write the blueprint to deploy our go-to-market service model to enable us to scale our service delivery to customers.
You will partner with leaders and teams across all levels of the company to deliver a full lifecycle experience for operations professionals to on-board, ramp, and continuously learn all the required knowledge and skills to service and delight our clients while advancing individual careers with real competency and skill development. You will report to our VP of Global Operations and have a worldwide operations mandate.
- Establish the strategy to build and lead an enablement function that onboards, trains, and continuously up-levels our global operations teams, focused on service excellence, technical knowledge and competencies
- Build and lead a global team of enablement professionals across content, curriculum, training, strategy, advocacy programs, and change management
- Establish a functional center of excellence to document and index industry, technical and product knowledge to unlock customer value creation by our squad (go-to-market) service team
- Establish and run performance indicators to measure efficacy, efficiency, and value creation impact
- Establish a replicable blueprint to scale our operations and service model to other markets
- Scale a change management function to ingest manage and deploy a continuous flow of software, process, and methods changes originated by many and delivered into a distributed operations team of thousands
- Set the market standard for customer service and operations enablement
You should have:
- A strong work ethic and ability to lead by example
- A strategic mind with operating experience, particularly in a service-oriented go-to-market business
- The ability to move from abstract to practical and strategic to tactical - with the executive experience to operate at scale and scrappy/nimble to deliver high impact quick wins
- A deep appreciation for service and operationally heavy environments, as well as an appreciation for the people that power the operations and as a result will build programs with both the EQ and IQ necessary to unlock the potential of the individuals and the organization
- Excellent team building and people management skills
- A personal brand and track record of recruiting and developing great talent respecting both industry expertise and those with transferable skills
- A hyper collaborative working style and and ability to drive a strategy, plan, and a team with conviction and urgency
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.