Build the team, processes, and strategy to help Flexport be compliant
We're looking for a Director of Customs Compliance to help lead our customs compliance team. This will include all day to day activities of the customs brokerage staff to include oversight of: Customs Service Desk, File Review Process, Post Summary Correction Process, Annual Customs Bond Management, Power of Attorney auditing in addition to assisting in the building of our team and service offerings.
- Lead and develop the team of compliance specialists responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory obligations for Customs and related government agencies
- Lead compliance-related projects and initiatives including new permit applications, regulatory change projects, system design and implementation
- Provide timely and accurate advice on compliance requirements and work with relevant stakeholders to design and implement appropriate controls
- Conduct risk assessments and manage the compliance monitoring and file review program in accordance with regulatory expectations and best practices
- Serve as the lead to all regulatory and third party audit review and inquiries
You should have:
- 10+ years of Customs, Trade and Regulatory experience, managing compliance programs and related systems
- Leadership experience, coaching, and developing teams, with an ability to manage remote teams and work with global counterparts
- Extensive experience interacting with regulators and law enforcement
- Strong project management skills with an interest in technology enablement for scale
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and solve problems
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- A Customs Brokerage License
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.