We are reinventing global trade
We're looking for an LCL Supply Manager to work within the LCL Team based in San Francisco or Chicago managing procurement, partnerships and new product development. The LCL Supply team’s focus would be to own the LCL Network Development, Procurement & Partnerships and Compliance.
As a manager on the LCL Supply team, the candidate’s primary responsibility will be to own the relationships with our LCL Network partners and operators. This role will require the candidate to travel and meet with our partners and operators at regular intervals, manager QBR’s, negotiate/renegotiate contracts/ SLA and holding them accountable.
- Develop and monitor partner performance/KPI’s holistically at the network level, provide feedback where needed and manage escalations from LCL Ops teams.
- Develop SOP’s for partners and vendors and keeping them aligned with Flexport’s strategic priorities and values.
- Manage induction of the global network of LCL vendors to operate on the Flexport platform by creating user playbooks, organizing trainings and deploying performance metrics.
- Maintain quarterly KPI goals for the LCL vendors to be measured on and self manage
- Manage partnership with Shipco/vendors to leverage our relationship and better utilize these vendor relationships to be the launchpad for newer trade lanes
- Engage in continuous improvement efforts to improve the efficiency of the LCL network
- Develop processes to reduce (manual) operational complexity while improving service reliability
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience working in a supply chain procurement roles and/or Program Management
- Experience working with diverse teams across global geo’s orchestrating new lane and product launches
- Experience identifying, managing vendors/partners across global geo’s and developing enforceable service contracts
- A vision for the impact that a well orchestrated freight network can have on the freight industry
- An insatiable obsession with simplifying processes
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation