We are reinventing global trade.
We’re looking for a seasoned employee engagement professional to build out our Internal Communications (IC) team of two. Your expertise will bring rigor to the IC function and extend its impact through thoughtful planning and taking a campaign-based approach. You’ll help executives and business leaders create more transparency, understanding and engagement among their team.
Flexport moves fast. Our success depends on our employees understanding and wholeheartedly supporting the company’s mission and strategy, empowering them to make the best decisions quickly on behalf of their clients.
Based in San Francisco, CA and working closely with partners in External Communications, People and Leadership, you will help create the environment where Flexport employees can do some of the best work of their lives.
- Create employee experiences that build trust in Flexport, its mission and strategy for growth
- Increase engagement between business leaders and their orgs through long-term planning and internal reputation building as well as thoughtful execution in the moment
- Change management - preempt the communications needs that occur around organizational changes (big and small) and confidently advise leaders on them
- Identify where internal communications can most support the company’s business strategy, mission and vision and develop biannual plans and campaigns
- Create communications on company initiatives and corporate, product and industry news that live on a variety of internal communications media. Advise on the best medium for the job
- Plan and deliver unique communication methods and employee experiences that inform, engage, and inspire Flexporters (e.g., All Hands, Friday lunch talks, intranet, videos, etc.)
- Measure the effectiveness of communications messages and channels on an ongoing basis and make recommendations on how to improve
You should have:
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in internal communications, employee engagement and/or change management
- Experience advising executives and business leaders - agency or consultancy experience is a plus!
- A BS/BA degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Experience in a high-growth tech or start-up environment is a plus
- Great writing and presentation skills in English
- Ability to prioritize for a global team and be sensitive to cultural differences and preferences
- Proven track record of effectively collaborating with global and diverse teams
- No objection to rolling up your sleeves. You’ll be part of a small but mighty Communications team and no task can be too big or too small
- A passion for changing the world through global trade
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.