The Professional Services team’s mission is to enable a highly efficient, predictable and transparent supply chain by building robust data network between the Flexport’s core platform and our customer, supplier and carrier systems.
As a Flexport Business Systems Analyst, you would be responsible for working closely with Flexport’s customers to help define and design integration solutions which would allow our customers to be better integrated with the Flexport platform.
- Become an expert in data integration in the logistics space and develop a deep understanding of the Flexport platform capabilities.
- Develop an understanding of various data standards and formats (EDI X12, EDIFACT, XML, etc..) being used by our enterprise customers and partners for exchanging logistics data.
- Work closely with Sales, Account Executives and Operations, being the point person on all inbound integration requests from customers in your region/territory.
- Work closely with our customers, helping them understand Flexport technology and integration capabilities. Understand our customer’s data integration needs and help define solutions to satisfy those needs.
- Identify any product gaps and limitations, bringing those to the product and engineering teams, partnering with them to identify short and long term solutions.
- Document requirements, high level design and test scenarios for the integration solutions and get sign-off from the customers.
- Partner with the technical delivery team and provide assistance through the build, test and deployment of the integration solutions for your customers.
You should have:
- 5+ years of software or technology experience with a minimum of 1+ years of experience working on B2B integration solutions with enterprise customers.
- Ability to present to all levels of business and technical decision makers, and technical enough to get into the code/design with internal Engineering stakeholders and have credibility across a development organization.
- A strong understanding of B2B/EDI integration technologies and practices.
- Excellent customer-facing communication skills
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%).
Extra points for:
- Prior experience in logistics and/or global trade.
- Demonstrated experience delivering solutions with enterprise integrations platforms such as Dell Boomi or similar.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.