Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Y Combinator.
With offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members.
We are looking for an experienced leader to build and scale a best-in-class global physical security program which meets our security standards (including: ISO 27001, SOC2, CTPAT, and TAPA). In this role, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of Flexport’s physical security standards. You will partner closely with our Facilities Managers, Warehousing Leadership, Insurance Team, Information Security, Engineering, and Executive Management to ensure Flexport maintains the required security postures for our facilities.
- Develop a physical security strategy, standard, and technology as it aligns to Flexport’s Information Security Program as managed by the CISO
- Implement the physical security strategy as it relates to daily tactics to reach management defined goals
- Oversee physical security contractors that provide guards, electronic security systems, door construction, door repair, fencing, and access controls for all Flexport facilities
- Perform facility walkthrough to identify security gaps in physical barriers, security procedures, facility policies, management of surveillance equipment, and monitoring of alarm points
- Oversee security construction projects
- Drive campaigns to reduce false positives and improve the efficiency of regular security monitoring
- Design and track security tasks via a workflow ticketing and extraction of performance metrics for management reporting
- Manage the investigation of accidents, thefts, disturbances, discrepancies, and violations
- Build and lead a team in the operation of the physical security program.
- Educate Flexport personnel the proper security processes and methods per each location.
- Report to the CISO as part of the Information Security organization.
- 6+ years of experience in running a physical security program including:
- Management of access control and video surveillance software applications (eg. LENEL or C-cure)
- Performing security patrolling and reporting
- Dealing with security vendors and contractors.
- A strong work ethic, lead by example and be an awesome human being
- Excellent people management skills.
- Solid written, prioritization and organization skills
- A collaborative working style, experience working across the company with teams of varied size to achieve common goals
- The ability to travel globally, including China.
Where you’ll work:
San Francisco. Our flagship office is on Market Street. We’re dog-friendly. We do a lot of 1:1s at the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens and, as a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.