Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Y Combinator.
With offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members.
We are looking for a bright, passionate and dedicated individual to join our Compliance team in continuing our enhance of Flexport’s security and compliance programs. This position will include working closely with Security, Operations, Engineering, and Executive Management. Key responsibilities include management of Flexport’s various compliance programs, security policies, and represent Flexport’s security and compliance posture to potential customers. It also includes responsibility for managing critical security- and compliance-related projects.
- Manage the certification and accreditation activities including ISO 27001, SOC1/2, NIST 800-53, Cloud Security Alliance Framework, EU Privacy - GDPR, and Privacy Shield.
- Oversee and enforce the IT common control framework to ensure alignment with IT policies, standards, and regulatory requirements
- Assist in security and compliance responses to RFPs and lead customer-driven security evaluations.
- Oversee, implement, and enforce Information Security Policies and Standards.
- Establish and manage the security risk assessment for new and ongoing projects, advising on architectures, and security controls.
- Manage ongoing Security awareness initiatives for Flexport Personnel.
- Bachelors Degree in Technology related discipline
- 7+ years experience in Information compliance, risk management, or security
- 3+ years management experience to include leading information security and compliance teams.
- Deep understanding of one or more industry and/or compliance regulations – PCI-DSS, HIPAA, ISO 27001, FedRAMP, SOC1/2, International Privacy requirements (Europe, EU Privacy, PAC Rim including Privacy Shield)
- Established compliance monitoring and incident response experience.
- Strong listening and presentation skills necessary to understand, communicate with, and persuade, a wide range of audiences
- In-depth knowledge of information security audit, risk management and policy compliance.
- Knowledge of security tools and solutions such as Firewalls, IPS, Encryption and security monitoring, etc
- The ability to travel globally, including China.
Where you’ll work:
San Francisco. Our flagship office is on Market Street. We’re dog-friendly. We do a lot of 1:1s at the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens and, as a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.