Shape our voice and tone
The Flexport design team creates the end-to-end user experiences for our clients, their suppliers, and our service partners (Airlines, Ocean Carriers, Trucking Companies). As the first UX Writer on our product design team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to partner with designers and researchers across the organization to influence experiences for all of Flexport’s web and mobile products. You’ll be a part of our design systems team and spearhead the development of our writing standards as well as build out a styleguide for our growing team to reference.
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easier for everyone. We believe clear and consistent writing will play a pivotal role in achieving our ambitious goals. We’re a global company with diverse users; our writing style should be considerate and inclusive of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our brand has evolved and we’d love to find an experienced writer to help our team develop a consistent voice and help our users confidently navigate our products.
- Write and maintain clear and consistent interface copy in our products
- Collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders from Product Design, Engineering, Product, and Brand throughout all stages of development
- Help create and maintain voice and tone guidelines for all Flexport products
- Identify opportunities to use data and research to evaluate and improve content
- Raise the bar for product communication
- Advocate the value of UX Writing to all teams at Flexport
You should have
- An editorial background or experiences that emphasize storytelling and strategic thinking
- A portfolio of UX writing, technical writing, or documentation samples
- 1-2 years of experience crafting messaging for web or mobile products
- Excellent presentation, communication, and documentation skills
Bonus points if you
- Have contributed to a content/writing styleguide
- Have worked with a design system
- Have familiarity with internationalization
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.