Build the data infrastructure to help Flexport grow
Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. We are re-making a trillion dollar industry that touches every person on Earth, which means solving some of the global community’s most complex challenges. We are looking for makers who love learning, are passionate about collaborating, and desire to build solutions with a global impact.
Reliable and scalable data pipelines and data warehouse are integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. At Flexport you’ll provide data for products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry.
Our pipelines are built using Python and SQL, scheduled in Apache Airflow, glued with bash. Near Real-Time Data Warehouse in Postgres and Data Lake in Redshift. All of our infrastructure is based on AWS. Our BI data is only 15 minutes behind production servers.
- Take ownership of business domain area and be a go-to expert in how business processes map to database objects
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Engineers, and Business stakeholders to design and implement the new Data Models
- Be a subject matter expert on data warehouse architecture and help drive development forward by evaluating Dimension/Fact vs. Datamart design for a specific use-case.
- Define and implement automated frameworks tracking data quality, timeliness, and completeness as well as spotting data abnormalities
- Be part of a close-knit data engineering team that ships new code every day
You should have:
- 7+ years of writing complex SQL for data manipulation in a fast-paced work environment
- 5+ years of BI tools like Looker, Periscope, or Tableau; Looker is strongly preferred
- 3+ years of Data Warehousing development
- Experience writing Python and bash scripts is preferred
- Passion for business-oriented data development
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.