Deliver unmatched experiences to Flexport users
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. As we enter our next phase of growth, we’re looking for pragmatic, customer-centric leaders to lead our Global Operations Teams in a player-coach capacity. Salivating at the thought of leading teams while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
- Implement strategies to manage international supply chains, with a heavy focus on Asia operations.
- Hire, train, and develop Operations Associates; create opportunities for learning and growth.
- Lead a team of Operations Associates in partnership with the US teams to drive Client Success, Operational Efficiency, and Revenue Generation.
You should have:
- BA/BS Degree;
- 4 years of experience in Logistics, Freight Forwarding, or Supply Chain or 5+ years of leadership experience in customer success or operations;
- Motivated to build and implement new processes from 0-1. Strategic thinking and ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small.
- The desire to lead, train, and develop up and coming industry talent. Strong people management experience required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Fluency in English, Chinese Mandarin required, Chinese Cantonese preferred;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.