Craft the Flexport story to connect
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Product Marketer to join our growing marketing team. In this role, you will partner with Product Management, Marketing, Sales, and Industry Teams to build and deliver on both strategic and tactical initiatives. You will also develop and execute marketing programs that drive demand for Flexport’s products and services. Armed with a passion for innovation and taking new offerings to market on a multi-channel, multi-segment, global scale, you should enjoy working closely with key stakeholders to assess new markets, develop compelling business cases, identify product use cases and create marketing activities that drive Flexport revenue and growth.
*This role is Chicago based, but exceptionally strong SF candidates will be considered.
- Research and analyze market and customer landscapes, present insights, findings, and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Develop and execute go-to-market and product/service introduction plans for new offers
- Understand Flexport’s customers and users and act as the voice of the customer to Marketing, Product, and Supply counterparts
- Identify opportunities to drive product growth, and develop data-driven recommendations to attain pipeline and other business KPIs.
- Create product positioning and messaging to differentiate Flexport’s portfolio offerings in the market and with our target customers
- Develop effective sales training materials, making it easy for sales to understand our industry solutions and key positioning
- Create and manage sales toolkits
You should have:
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in marketing, technology or product marketing
- MBA a plus
- Clear passion for marketing and product strategy
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to analyze and understand complex market dynamics (ecosystem, customers, competition) and how it impacts marketing strategy
- Hands-on ability to create a range of marketing assets (including on-message product demo videos, sharp succinct slide pitch-decks), product data sheets
- Ability to use data and analytics to drive decision-making
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a cross-functional team
- Great organizational skills with a focus on being detail-oriented
- A self-starter mentality with initiative to dive in where needed
- A good sense of humor and desire to have fun
- A thirst for knowledge about global trade and freight forwarding
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.