Help us scale our Ocean team!
We are looking for a new team member to support us in scaling our business and our department.
What you’ll do:
- You will procure the services from global ocean carriers
- You will stay up-to-date on all market pricing, current conditions and cost competitiveness with focus on a select number of trades
- You will assist with both short-term and long-term pricing exercises
- You can create tools for analyzing market conditions and keeping team members informed on latest developments
- You will manage ocean carrier contracts, rates, and maintenance
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success
- 1-3 years of experience at an NVOCC pricing or procurement team or in a supply-chain role
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.