We are reinventing global trade. Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, Google Ventures and Y Combinator. With offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whatever role you play, you will share your day with passionate and resourceful team mates.
We’re looking for a well rounded Marketing professional to further grow our marketing discipline in Germany. Your remit will be to help grow our brand awareness in Germany, localize our global stories (making sure we feel & act local), as well as generating demand to grow our business.
Based in Hamburg you will work closely with the Marketing teams based in Amsterdam and San Francisco. But also with our Sales, Operations, People (HR) teams and Europe Leadership to further build our footprint in Germany.
An exciting time to join Flexport as this is a unique opportunity to join our amazing team and leading the way to growth!
What you’ll do
- Reporting to the EMEA Senior Marketing Manager: Manage all marketing activities within Germany. Including, but not limited to:
- Develop and execute a hybrid ABM/traditional demand generation strategy across all channels--including email, digital, paid industry programs, direct mail, webinars, and more.
- Develop and drive local initiatives and campaigns.
- Refine the marketing strategy for Germany in line with our global and Europe company objectives.
- Create a wide range of different marketing materials; from sales collateral, client testimonials, one pagers to presentations jointly leveraging our world-class in-house creative team.
- Work with our Sales teams to create programs that generate net-new leads, and cross sell to the installed base to expand share of wallet.
- Work with recruiting on employer branding to support our hiring in Germany.
- Event / Field marketing: Organize internal & external (Industry) events across Germany in collaboration with other European and Global stakeholders.
- Translate (with agency support), collateral & copy editing in German
- Manage your regional marketing budget.
- Work closely with the creative team in San Francisco, Int./Ext. Comms and Agency partners in creating and publishing key marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of marketing activities including ROI, campaign dashboards etc.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Analyze potential strategic partner relationships in Germany; influencers, key industry organisations etc.
- Partner with our content, product marketing, and evangelism team to promote and leverage key content assets for adoption in Germany and/or localized campaigns.
- Work with marketing operations to optimize marketing automation, refine lead scoring, and develop nurture programs across a variety of personas and verticals.
- Work cross-functionally with key executives, sales, operations, finance, and product to communicate marketing activities and results with the overall team.
- Own demand generation for Germany.
- Experiment to continuously improve the quantity, quality, conversion, and cadence of incoming leads.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in a B2B environment, ideally focused around demand generation or growth marketing with demonstrated success across key metrics.
- Rigorous, analytical and data-driven mindset. You decide based on evidence, and when you don’t have the evidence you need, you run tests.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing and nurturing agency teams in Germany - proven track record of getting the best out of your extended team.
- Experience in a high-growth technology environment is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills in German.
- Native German speaker.
- No objection to rolling up your sleeves. As we are building out our Marketing disciplines you need to work on a variety of tasks.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to think strategically as well as execute directly.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. You’re a cross-functional collaborator, you rely on input from experts across the organization, and you ensure that your agenda aligns closely to company goals and that you coordinate with other teams’ efforts.
- Fluent in German and English.