Build Flexport’s software to make an impact
Flexport's mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. We’re looking for students graduating in Summer 2020 to join us on the journey to automate many of the most painful and complex processes in the last industry to go untouched by technology.
- Be trusted to take point on complex product initiatives and run them to completion with minimal supervision
- Design flexible and maintainable code
- Safeguard code quality on your team, reviewing others’ code with an eye to performance and maintainability
- Help build scalable programs that standardize information flow and increase operational capacity
- Have a dedicated mentor as your go-to contact as you onboard onto our systems
- Be part of a close-knit engineering team that continuously ships new code
You should have:
- A track to graduate in December 2019 - Summer 2020
- Understanding of the business domain and competitive landscape
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and a bias for action - you ship quality code quickly
- A product-first approach to building software. You care about the real world functionality of your programming
- A bias for action & strive for excellence
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Our dog-friendly flagship office is on Market Street in the heart of Union Square. We do a lot of 1:1s at the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens and our central location allows for you to get virtually anywhere.
We deploy continuously with our Buildkite CI setup. Our frontend is built with Flow-typed ES2017. We have around 1500 React components and 100 Flux stores, though we’re beginning to use GraphQL & Relay to replace Flux. We test the frontend with Jest and enzyme. On the backend, we're a Rails shop riding on Postgres RDS and AWS.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.