We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Our Finance and Accounting Team collaborates as a strategic partner to clients, partners and all internal departments. The company transacts with partners around the world with an on-the-ground teams in San Francisco, New York, LA, Atlanta, Seattle, Chicago, China, Hong Kong, Hamburg, London, and Amsterdam. As our Procurement Manager, you will understand, develop and implement an end-to-end procurement process that supports Flexport’s growing worldwide infrastructure.
- Improve on Flexport’s existing source to procure process maintained in Coupa, and support AP and vendor management activities as needed.
- Manage Coupa as an admin of the following modules: Sourcing, Procurement, Invoicing, CLM (Contract Lifecycle Management) and SIM (Supplier Information Management).
- Develop strategic sourcing plans to reduce total costs, optimize value from suppliers, and meet internal customer requirements.
- Coordinate project reviews; communicating project status and top procurement issues to leadership and broader team.
- Streamline and prioritize incoming procurement requests from all employees.
- Facilitate the development of reports for management. Partner with Business Systems and utilize the accounting system to facilitate processes and maintain records.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to leverage system capabilities, continuously improve processes,ensure data quality and work on special projects
- Assist in formulation of internal controls and policies in compliance with SOX and GAAP.
- Learn the details and be prepared to "roll up your sleeves," when needed.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting or a related field
- 5-10 years’ experience in Procurement, Coupa knowledge is a plus.
- Experience managing procurement systems and working in an ERP like NetSuite.
- Able to quickly identify business needs, prioritize projects and propose practical solutions
- Experience working cross-functionally with key stakeholders
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where adaptability is critical
- Strong technical skills - Excel, ERP systems, system implementations, analytical and extreme attention to detail.
- Passionate about supply chain, accounting, finance, logistics and international trade!
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.