Build the Platform that powers global trade
Flexport's mission is to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
Paying duties and getting permission to move goods across borders is a major part of the logistics puzzle. We ensure customers pay the right amount of duties and that their goods move frictionless across borders all over the world. We are building a product supporting the timely and highly accurate exchange of information with customs authorities all over the globe. It's incredibly impactful and if done right, can save companies millions of dollars and clear their goods faster for sale.
We're looking for a product manager to take on automating US customs, one of Flexport’s essential initiatives. Our mission is to make one of the hardest parts of trade — customs — fast, easy, and unrivaled in its accuracy. As a product manager, you will play a key part in solving some of the toughest challenges in the industry.
Come change global trade with us!
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop a product strategy and roadmap to make Flexport’s US customs offerings the best in the market.
- Work with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and operations specialists to implement your product vision.
- Become a domain expert: understand the market, competitive landscape, and how Flexport can change it all from the ground up.
- Write clear, detailed specs and aggressively unblock your team to enable them to execute
- Innovate and launch features rapidly and incrementally. We ship to production dozens of times per day
- Be a strong voice for your team, communicating feature releases and managing expectations with stakeholders across the company
- Continuously improve Flexport’s product processes
You should have:
- At least years of product management or relevant work experience.
- Business acumen. You understand the levers of the business, know how to set KPI’s, and can methodically ship product that moves the needle.
- Technical competence. You can competently discuss APIs and services with the engineering team (but you don’t need to be able to code).
- Excellent communication. You are able to convey ideas effectively, listen intently, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams.
- An innate sense of ownership. You can work independently and lead a smoothly running product development team.
- Executive presence. You can hold your own with our senior leadership team.
- A sense of community. You care about team culture and want to help Flexport scale our organization by improving our interactions and processes.
- A bachelor’s degree.
Bonus points if you have:
- Industry experience in customs, freight forwarding, or logistics, etc.
Flexport is a global freight forwarder helping more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations across 109 countries. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.