Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14+ global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. The People Operations Team is focused on building the programs and operations - from strategy to execution - to support and fuel our exciting growth plans.
We're looking for an experienced Director of Total Rewards to orchestrate industry leading and innovative rewards programs to ensure that Flexport continues to hire and develop the best talent in the world. As a leader, you will work collaboratively with the rest of the People Team and department leaders to build compensation and benefits programs to serve our rapidly growing global business. You’ll also work hand in hand with the broader People team leaders on projects and initiatives to cultivate our unique culture and people practices.
What You’ll Do
- Build, lead and develop a strong, global Total Rewards team to support our rapidly growing and scaling business
- Design, develop, and execute on a comprehensive global total rewards strategy that aligns with our culture and business strategy and allows us to attract, retain, and motivate top talent
- Partner with the People leadership team and executives to define, develop, communicate and execute the total rewards strategy while ensuring our programs align with strategic objectives and support our culture
- Benchmark activities across all areas of rewards to elevate our understanding of our compensation competitiveness globally, and evolve it over time to reflect the changing landscape of total rewards, including executive compensation
- Own the communications strategy and plan for compensation and benefits, ensuring our employees understand all that’s being offered
- Provide dedicated counsel and serve as a thought leader to management, People Business Partners and Recruiting on programs, policies, and practices
- Direct, design and continuously optimize compensation and benefit initiatives that are aligned to Flexport’s cultural principles, and provide flexibility and local customization to account for cultural and market differences
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resource Administration or other related field; Master’s preferred
- 8+ years experience developing innovative global compensation, wellness and benefit plans, and working with the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors of a publicly traded company to gain agreement. In addition, he/she must be fully knowledgeable in the areas of compliance, transparency and the latest Sarbanes-Oxley legislation
- Demonstrated success in organizing a company for improved efficiency, while planning for the future management needs of a high growth, performance-based environment
- Data-driven with a strong ability to analyze data, turning data into insights and action plans aligned with company goals
- Strong knowledge of global pay practices in North America, Europe and Asia demonstrated through prior work in a global organization
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.