Build the Platform that powers global trade
We're looking for product management leader for our Air team, one of the company’s most important initiatives. Our mission is to make shipping air freight as easy, reliable, and low-cost as possible. You will be a part of solving some of the toughest challenges in the industry.
Come help us disrupt global trade!
- Work closely with our Business, Operations, and Technology teams to develop a product strategy and roadmap to make Flexport’s air offerings the best in the market.
- Lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and operations specialists to implement your product vision.
- Recruit, develop, and motivate a diverse set of Product Managers to create a world class team.
- Become a domain expert: understand the market, competitive landscape, and how Flexport fits into it all.
- Help us innovate within air industry and change global trade!
You should have:
- At least 5 plus years of product management or relevant work experience.
- Business acumen - you understand the levers of the business, know how to set KPI’s, and can methodically ship product that moves the needle.
- Technical competence - you can discuss API’s and services with the engineering team (you don’t need to be able to code!).
- You are able to communicate effectively, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams.
- A strong sense of ownership - you can work independently and lead a smoothly running product development team.
- Executive presence: you can hold your own with our senior leadership team.
- You care about team culture and want to help Flexport scale our organization by improving our processes.
- A willingness to travel (~15% of the time).
- A bachelor’s degree.
Bonus points if you have:
- Industry experience in air, logistics, freight forwarding, customs, shipping, etc.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.