Build and support the systems, tools, and infrastructure to help Flexport grow.
Flexport is looking for a Senior IT Support Engineer who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience, while delivering outstanding technical support. Our team works cross functionally with our partners in IT Operations Engineering, Security, People Ops and other departments to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Flexport around the world, in over 12 offices in 6 different countries.
You are passionate about IT end user support and customer service, have an excellent background in Mac/Windows software and hardware troubleshooting and are hungry to learn and grow in an Enterprise IT environment.
- Provide support at our IT Help Desk during business hours (with global and onsite escalations)
- Perform hardware repairs, upgrades and migrations
- Resolve problems in a timely manner or escalate on behalf of customers to other senior technical staff members
- Provide support to our executive staff and senior leadership
- Provide AV support for all local conference rooms
- Support and maintain company Global All Hands and with local office Stand-Ups
- Travel to support our distributed offices and locations as needed
- Support endpoint security standards (antivirus/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication)
- Handle system access and maintain user accounts, passwords, data integrity & security
- Assist with the on-boarding process, prepping and deploying systems, while leading our new hire orientation
- Manage the asset life cycle process, maintaining hardware inventory, accurate cycle counts, and decommissioning processes
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships for your local office
- Support our Global Office Expansion team, staging hardware and working with vendors to deliver goods
- Help to evaluate hardware and software solutions and participate in IT projects
- Mentor and coach fellow teammates while exhibiting our company values
- Assisting our customers via in person walk-up, support tickets, email, or chat as needed.
- Maintain IT support documentation, manage multiple IT queues and help to handle ticket escalations from our global IT Support team.
You should have:
- Experience at providing technical support in an Enterprise environment and a love for solving problems
- A high level of people skills, professionalism, and passion for customer service/support
- A comfort in working with and supporting all levels of an organization, up to and including company executives
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn and continuously develop your technical skills
- An appreciation of the details, including maintaining and updating IT documentation and procedures.
- Extensive experience in documenting the status of cases and providing updates to customers, the global IT team, and leadership
- An understanding of the importance of inventory management, the asset lifecycle, and how to maintain an organized help desk
- Past experience in being a part of both a global and local team
- A love of standardization and an understanding that consistency and adherence to best practices will help any organization scale.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 5 or more years experience in IT Support in enterprise environment
- Experience using and managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems, particularly JIRA and other Atlassian products.
- Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive Technical knowledge of MacOS, 10.12.x, 10.13.x, 10.14.x, iOS and Android
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 10
- Network fundamentals (laptop connectivity, VPN, printing)
- Experience administering GSuite for Enterprise (Gmail, GCal, GDocs, etc)
- Experience with video conferencing solutions and support (Zoom/BlueJeans/etc)
- Experience with VOIP systems (Dialpad/Ringcentral/etc)
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation that includes after hours and weekend support
- Willingness to travel to Flexport offices around the world as needed
- Some heavy lifting required
- Written and verbal fluency in English language
- Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT)
- Experience with Windows, Linux and virtual machines.
- Ability to support and assist employees using AV systems, both on-site and remote
- LDAP, Active Directory, and Okta experience
- Atlassian administration experience (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Experience in endpoint management frameworks (JAMF, Munki, MDM, Chef, Chocolatey)
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.