Help grow Flexport's Ocean Team
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. The Ocean team at Flexport works globally to make sure all business moves smoothly and our ocean product is the best it can be for our clients.
Our Ocean Procurement Team is essential to winning new business, supporting all current business, and building out the future of Flexport’s ocean services. As an Ocean Procurement & Allocation Manager, you’ll be an integral part of helping achieve Flexport’s growth goals. It’s a face-paced and integral position for both winning new business, and supporting our current book of business. We’re growing fast and often juggling multiple projects so need to be flexible and great at prioritization!
Be an Ocean Leader:
- Work towards, and execute on, our global carrier strategy
- Work directly with ocean carriers to negotiate and set up short-term and long-term contracts
- Lead initiatives into new areas of development
- Work with product to ensure we have the resources we need
Be a Market Expert
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends
- Know what the company needs to know--push that knowledge more broadly
- Work across operations and sales to help develop internal resources and knowledge-base
Be a Resource
- Participate in client calls and meetings -- represent the Flexport Ocean Team and work with clients to address the challenges they’re facing in their supply chains
- You will collaborate with operations, sales, marketing compliance as needed for new projects
- If there’s a new challenge, try to fix it. We’re still a young company with a lot to learn and build, need people who will be flexible, engaged, and ready to jump into something new
You should have:
- BA/BS and 5+ years of experience in procurement, supply chain or operations
- Team management experience
- The desire to lead, train, and develop up and coming industry talent.
- High attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High proactiveness with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Must be a self-starter who excels at multitasking and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Must have high energy, passion, innovation, creativity and a keen sense of humor. You love working in a fast paced, start-up environment.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.