Flexport's mission is to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
Paying duties and getting permission to move goods across borders is a major part of the logistics puzzle. We ensure customers pay the right amount of duties and that their goods move frictionless across borders all over the world. We are building a product supporting the timely and highly accurate exchange of information with customs authorities all over the globe. It's incredibly impactful and if done right, can save companies millions of dollars and clear their goods faster for sale.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whatever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
- Work closely with our San Francisco based customs team to develop a clear product vision, strategy and roadmap for global customs at Flexport solving the real-world intricacies of logistics entities and the process of moving cargo in and out of countries.
- Partner with business leads to become a domain expert, deeply understanding the market and competitive landscape to solve real problems with technology
- Learn directly from our customs brokers and partners to deeply understand their problems and drive the development of innovative solutions
- Write clear, detailed specs and aggressively unblock your team to enable them to execute
- Launch features rapidly and incrementally. We ship to production dozens of times per day
- Be a strong voice for your team, communicating feature releases and managing expectations with stakeholders across the company
- Dive into the data, developing meaningful business objectives and metrics to measure your team’s progress
- Continuously improve Flexport’s product processes
- Travel to San Francisco is involved in this role, at least quarterly
You should have:
- 6+ years experience as a Product Manager, preferably with a mix of startup and established environments
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on aggressive timelines. Execution is key in this role
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results
- Crystal clear communication skills and can make sure everybody from a business and technical perspective is on the same page
- A passion for design and building simple, usable products
- Experience incorporating product and operations feedback to craft long term vision and quarterly roadmaps
- Ability to manage a complex set of products at different stages of their lifecycle
- Strong business acumen and curiosity to learn the industry, become an expert on a complex product and drive results
- Technical competence. Might not be an expert, but has experience working with engineers
Where you’ll work:
Our European HQ in Amsterdam is located in the historic center facing one of Amsterdam’s iconic canals, putting you eye-level with incredible historic architecture. It is a beautiful, inspiring place to work, close to outstanding restaurants, bars, and the never-ending parade of life in Amsterdam.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
Flexport is a global freight forwarder helping more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations across 109 countries. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
Worried about not having any industry experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.