Lead the build out of core technology at Flexport
Flexport's mission is to make global trade easier for everyone. This means solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged. We're looking for makers who love learning, who are passionate about collaborating, and who want to see the powerful impact of the solutions we're building.
The Core Platform team is a new function at Flexport. We are looking to invest in building out core foundational components on our system that can help us scale as a business.
- Build out the Identity and Access Management (IAM) stack, workflow engine and rules engine at Flexport
- Work closely with business partners and product managers to distill complex business problems into elegant technical solutions.
- Launch products/features rapidly and incrementally.
- Design, develop and testing of IAM components: Services in SOAP/REST, Core Java, JS Frameworks and Python.
- Develop metrics and insight generation to drive the organizational security and workflow efficiency.
- Geek out over the technical complexity of the problems that we are trying to solve.
You should have:
- 4 + years of Solid hands-on experience as a programmer/developer with specialization in web development frameworks, with good knowledge of Java, Ruby, Python and/or Go.
- Experience building/ integrating with platform APIs and SDKs
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- Strong interpersonal, analytical & communication skills
- Prior experience on IAM products related to Authentication, provisioning, authorization, SSO, and/or enterprise security protocols like SAML, OpenID, OAuth and/or mobile development (iOS/Android) a big plus
- Prior experience on building out a workflow and rules engine a big plus
- Production knowledge of Spring Boot a plus
On the frontend, we use React for the views, organize the data flow with Flux architecture, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we're a Rails shop riding on AWS and Postgres RDS. Our continuous releases are integrated with Travis CI and Github. Our staging server infrastructure is written in Python.
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.