Business Development Associate
As the Associate of Business Development China, you will be reporting to the Dir. Of BD Asia and supporting he/she for establishing commercial partnerships and channel sales programs to set a foundation for Flexport growth with local businesses.
What you’ll do:
- Manage channel sales partnerships and business development initiatives to fuel our growth.
- Participate in client calls & visits to promote our services and help to close accounts
- Establish and implement systems methods and processes to build scalable commercial capabilities.
- Provide insightful market intel and data analysis.
- Take a high energy and entrepreneurial approach to the role. Working collaboratively with cross functional teams to get things done.
- Operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements.
Current Focus of the Role:
- Act as the point-of-contact between SF Express and Flexport teams on all short/mid-term collaborations including ocean & air products, shared charter space, EU collaboration, etc.
- Manage commercial collaboration between SF Express & Flexport on ocean service:
- Conduct joint customer visits with SF Express sales & coaching SF Express sales teams to showcase Flexport technology and value proposition
- Work with SF Express and Flexport operations teams to streamline & optimize end-to-end process.
- Work with Flexport teams to enhance product market fit
- Ensure successful implementation of the pilot in Shenzhen and southern China.
- Expand the SF Express ocean service into more geos and lanes, especially Eastern China, where we will soon have a local office in Shanghai.
- Support Dir. of BD to build Flexport presence in China local business community.
What you’ll need:
- High integrity individual who’s enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world;
- You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and will thrive in unstructured and multi-stakeholder settings to deliver results
- Proven relationship management, and project/program/process management skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group internally and externally;
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively;
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills;
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small;
- Strong command of English and Chinese