Our Air Freight Team continues to grow and, as part of that growth, we're looking to expand with a Senior Director overseeing Air Procurement for the Americas. The Air department is sourcing the air capacity to fly Flexport cargo around the globe. We are a team of procurement specialists (aka air negotiators) and planning experts finding the best routing for your shipments across the world. Our one aim is to provide the fastest solution for our customers to connect their production to their selling point.
- Work with Sales, regional GM’s and Global Air management team to define commercial air freight procurement strategy for the Americas
- Work closely with all of the major airlines operating into and out of the Americas region in order to procure competitive rates and capacity to support Flexport’s growth strategy
- Define the partner strategy in the region, create and manage the relationship with partners so we have coverage in regions where Flexport may not have its own infrastructure
- Monitor and drive airline satisfaction & ensure we are quality partners for the airlines
- Undertake responsibility for the fulfillment of our allocated capacity and work with our planning teams to make sure we are maximizing our procurement leverage
- Work closely with our AE’s and OM’s to win new business by joining sales calls and QBR’s and act as an internal consultant on RFP’s
- Be the face of the Flexport Air Procurement team in the Americas and represent the company at industry conferences and meetings when required
- Be available in the evenings and weekends to support our squads with operational issues and last minute procurement needs
- Lead a regional team of air procurement associates
- Train team and ensure they have all required tools & knowledge for their duties
- Ensure all requests to the team are immediately addressed & replied
- Ensure all operational issues related to air freight are immediately resolved
- Ensure that local teams in the region are constantly trained and up to date on airfreight processes and how to sell our airfreight product
You should have:
- Between 10-15 years previous leadership experience in Freight Forwarding managing a procurement team and/or relevant trade lane management experience
- Extensive experience working with airlines in the Americas region
- Deep relationships and access to airline senior management
- Strong analytical background and mastery of analytical tools (Excel, etc…)
- Very structured with high level of energy
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.