Build our Warehousing team to help Flexport grow
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, and seeking opportunities to fill the gap. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work and we encourage upwards or lateral movement and transfers that align with current business needs.
We're looking for a Subcontractor Network Operations Associate - East Coast Warehousing to help build the warehouse network in the Americas. This individual will serve as the face of Flexport with subcontracted warehouses, continually look for ways to improve subcontractor warehouse operations in the U.S. market and implement systems to help drive efficiencies for our squads and clients.
- You will manage day-to-day operations with subcontracted warehouse partners on the East Coast to ensure shipments meet client cargo standards and turnaround timelines
- You will develop and track KPIs of subcontracted warehouses in order to influence areas of opportunity, contribute to our global standards of CFS management by driving our partnered warehouses to the highest level of performance in line with those standards
- You will act as a consultant to global operations teams on all aspects of warehousing, specific to our subcontracted warehouses
- You will proactively and continuously interact with the Air, LCL and trucking teams to deliver the best end to end service for import and export (Air and LCL) shipments in the identified gateways
- You will continuously identify and execute efficiencies in the subcontractor network (as a part of the global CFS network) through process and technology improvements
- You will work to add shipment visibility and controls in our subcontractor network for clients
- You will contribute to the development of the standards for onboarding subcontractors as a part of the Flexport Global CFS network and position yourself on the receiving end of the onboarding process. You are in charge of the standards for day to day management.
You should have:
- BA/BS degree and minimum 2-3 year of experience preferably in Logistics, Warehousing, Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain or Consulting (airfreight or LCL knowledge is a nice-to-have)
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Next-level attention to detail
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.