Help develop the forwarding warehouse of the future
Flexport Warehousing Services is an integral part of Flexport operations with several sites around the globe providing end-to-end operational control and a superior experience to our customers. Our aim is to build highly efficient warehouses of the future. Specifically, Warehousing Solutions team is in charge of driving standardization, developing our strategic blueprint, and analyzing new technologies across our worldwide network of facilities.
In this new role, the Systems Analyst will drive several hands-on global projects related to process standardization, product strategy, system implementation, and improvement of day-to-day operational efficiency in our facilities.
- Partner with internal business teams in developing roadmaps, defining business processes and associated Warehouse Management System (WMS) requirements.
- Become the central point of contact for the warehouse teams and systems vendor on the product development lifecycle from gathering user requirements to user acceptance testing and product launch.
- Support teams in mapping and maintaining Warehouse Management System (WMS) process documentation globally, seeking continuous improvement opportunities along the way.
- Manage and report on Flexport P&L of 3rd party system provider
- Retrieve relevant data from WMS and conduct studies to quantify efficiency improvements across our network (e.g. cost-benefit of enacting process change at scale) and assist our compliance efforts.
- Participate and drive global projects on new service offering pilots within our warehouses
- Work collaboratively across the organization, managing cross-functional projects, and partnering with senior management on a range of issues ranging from strategic thinking to operational execution
- Conduct Market research on new trends to build the warehouse of the future
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Business or similar relevant area of study
- 1-3 years of prior experience as a supply chain analyst, or supply chain/ management consultant would be preferred OR candidates of Master’s in Supply Chain / Industrial Engineering will also be considered
- Detail oriented and analytical systems thinking mindset a must
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering, consulting, and leadership skills to build credibility as a "peer" across all levels
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems, think creatively, generate and test hypotheses, and present actionable recommendations
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small
- Exceptional technical aptitude and a strong desire for learning new technologies and solution architectures
- Experience in process mapping and/or process improvement a plus
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for supply chain and process optimization (e.g. network optimization, inventory, analytics, supply chain mapping)
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.