A Place To Do Your Best Work
With offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members.
Data and information is the foundation upon which Flexport builds its business and transforms the freight industry. Our Data Operations Team helps Flexport deliver the accuracy and insight that represent value to our clients while working in a team to learn the business of moving freight. As a Global Data Services Manager, you’ll be leading our Global Trade Coordinators. The Data Services team provides an optimized and streamlined process for client data and customs.
What you'll do:
- Build a strong Data Services team
- Provide leadership and direction to a high-performance team, including hiring, training, and leading
- Innovative and creative ways to drive performance
- Collaborate with management cohort to ensure a standardized experience for internal and external clients
- Facilitate one on ones on a regular cadence
- Stakeholder management
- Process Architecture
What you'll need:
- BA/BS degree with 4+ years of experience in consulting, operations, investment banking, or supply chain operations;
- Strong people management skills as a motivator and coach.
- Must have people management or large scale project managment experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.