Help us optimize capacity and efficiency of our Air Freight Operations in Asia
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire an Air Planning Associate to join our growing Asia Team. You will be part of Flexport’s Air Freight team and optimize our air freight capacity and decide the flow of shipments.
On the export side:
- Manage the capacity of Flexport charter flights and Block Space Agreements in the region you oversee, ensuring we fulfill them
- Decide on the best consolidation of shipments to optimize margins and deliver a build plan to the warehouse team
- Contribute to build Flexport air export planning processes & tools
On the import side
- Coordinate the clearance and the de-consolidation of all import consolidations into the region you oversee, interacting with warehouse team, trucker and squads to ensure that all shipments get delivered to the final customer as soon as possible
- Contribute to build Flexport air import planning processes & tools
You should have:
- 1-3 years of work experience post BA/BS with a strong track record of success. Work experience in supply chain, operations, planning is a plus.
- An internal track record of success in an operational or planning role;
- Very structured and with high level of energy;
- Strong analytical background and full mastery of analytical tools (Excel, etc.);
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Next-level attention to detail;
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;
- Previous experience in Forwarder or Airline Space Control / Revenue Management / Export or Import Planning a plus.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.