Help us scale our Ocean team!
We are looking for a new team member to support us in scaling our business and our department.
- Build and maintain relationships with carriers in North Europe;
- Export booking and documentation processes with carriers;
- Import destination release processes with carriers;
- Work intimately with Flexport squads and Flexport software to ensure an effective end to end Europe export / import process; Work with Procurement team to improve local terms;
- Manage space inventory / allocation to achieve volume commitment with carriers;
- Inform the business process and software capability needs to exceed expectations for Flexport squads and support scaling;
- Contribute in solution design towards customers, working closely with Flexport squads and the Pricing team;
- Identify and contribute to operational excellence program to improve quality, service, efficiency and regulatory compliance;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the software and system to differentiate Flexport operations from the industry;
- Fill the gap for the Ocean Freight Operations team as we build from zero to one and as we scale;
- Live and act with integrity, guided by the company values including sustaining a high bar for operational quality and service.
You should have:
- A strong performance record of living our values;
- A strong sense of urgency and proactive problem solving;
- A desire to deliver exceptional service to our squads and to our carriers;
- Sea freight booking operations experience a plus;
- European export operations experience a plus;
- A strong curiosity towards learning and understanding the logistics industry;
- A willingness to blend industry best practice with the Flexport operations philosophy;
- A process oriented thinker;
- An obsession for delivering world class service.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.