Help design solutions that help Flexport grow
With offices and infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members.
We are looking for a Senior Finance Associate to help us build out our world class FP&A team. As a member of the broader FP&A team, you will be a crucial part of the decision-making process in areas such as financial planning, measuring success, approving investments, and more. You’ll get substantial senior leadership exposure, focus real-time on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
- Help build and drive our financial planning and forecasting process
- You will own executive level reporting to create insightful analysis to optimize Flexport’s pricing strategies
- Conduct advanced analytics on large complex data sets and develop new processes and tools which deliver impactful and actionable insights
- Engage and collaborate with other groups across Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Operations and beyond on ad hoc projects and modelling
- Prepare and work with senior leadership on monthly and quarterly business reviews
You should have:
- You have 4+ years of finance experience preferably at a leading technology company, investment bank, or consulting firm with a strong understanding of GAAP financials
- You have demonstrated excellence in business analytics and tools. Advanced Excel skills essential and knowledge of data systems, SQL, or other data languages a huge plus
- You sweat the details and maintain a high level of ethics and integrity in your work
- You're a self-starter who enthusiastically drives projects
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering or relevant technical field
- Ability to work effectively with functional business partners
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation