We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank, SF Express, Founders Fund, DST, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Operational Excellence is central to Flexport’s success - driving alignment across our business, creating new operational standards and building the people, process and product needed for the future of Flexport.
We're looking for a Project Manager with this mission. You will be the champion to implement business strategies via leading and managing complex operational projects across multiple function teams, business lines and locations.
What you’ll do:
- Work with global operations teams and provide leadership to drive project development to successful completion for our Asia business
- Lead and collaborate with a team of operations associates and managers, and regional functional leaders to identify root causes and determine people, process or operational solutions to address them
- Oversee implementation of business measurement, operational guidelines or strategies, and support management reporting through coordination and communication between business teams
- Develop project plan and drive cross-functional team tasks to ensure each project completes on-time, within agreed constraints of resources, scope, quality and risks
- Measure and monitor each project from inception to delivery, including tracking and communicating status, identifying and tracking cross-functional dependencies, proposing options to mitigate risk and drive issues to resolution
- Proactively identifying and removing impediments on behalf of the team or negotiating with stakeholders when the project scope change.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external team communication, improving transparency, and disseminating information about the project/change.
- Effectively provide updates to stakeholders of key issues that may impact project completion, budget or other results
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor degree or above in business management or related disciplines
- 6+ years of working experience in consulting, business operation, or project management, preferably in logistic or technology industry
- 3+ years of experience in project management, handling various types of projects in BPO or software development.
- Knowledge and experience in software development is a plus
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Chinese/Mandarin, Cantonese speaking is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive relationships with the business, operations, technology and other key stakeholders
- Data driven, strong analytical and logical sense
- Strong attention to detail and proficient problem solving skills.
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Willing to embrace and drive changes
- Strong sense of prioritization and ability to execute on deliverables
- Be able to lead and motivate a team