Help us run and improve our Air Freight Operations in Asia
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire an Air Freight Operations Support to join our growing Asia Team. You will be part of Flexport’s Air Freight team and support the optimization of our air freight processes.
- Support Air Planning and Procurement day to day operations, including confirming bookings, creating internal bills and issuing invoices to carriers/partners
- Be the Air team’s main contact for any finance or accounting related questions to internal and external parties
- Monthly/weekly reconciliation of financial statements and equalization to carriers/partners
- Maintain financial records to ensure compliance with standards and internal company policies and procedures
- Backup for other team members and handle ad hoc affairs
- Establish and refine processes to optimize our shipment closing process
You should have:
- A 2018 or 2019 BA/BS Degree with a strong academic track record and meaningful internship experience;
- Excitement to get your hands dirty in a learn by doing environment;
- A selfless mindset willing to work in the nitty gritty of the freight and logistics industry to deliver for our clients;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.