Build the Ocean Services to help Flexport grow
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Our Ocean Freight Team is essential to winning new business, supporting all current business, and building out the future of Flexport’s ocean services. As a Ocean Freight Fulfillment Associate, you’ll be an integral part of helping achieve Flexport’s growth goals.
We’re looking for a team member based in our Hong Kong office, responsible for different trades that we are focusing on. Candidates will need to have a passion for ocean freight and ability to work with parties across different parts of the organization.
What you’ll do:
Be an operational leader:
- You will help to ensure seamless operation of moving ocean shipments under Flexport contracts
- You will manage both soft and hard allocation with ocean carriers that match with clients’ demand and minimize allocation shortfall
- You will support with trial / VIP shipments by providing various ocean carrier options and protect these shipments from roll-overs
- You will maintain and run the fulfillment management tool for daily operation and support urgent requests from clients / squads
- You will assist the team leader to closely work with Ocean Freight Procurement Team regarding allocation planning
- You will support the team leader create strategy and best practices for fulfillment management tool execution
- You are expected to be process and data driven in your daily activities, ensuring we operate in an efficient and effective way.
- You can take action to manage exceptions in operations and be proactive in exploring and implementing solutions
Focus on strategy and development:
- You will create tools for internal use to build efficiency and share knowledge, both within the team and company
- You will collaborate with operations, sales, marketing and compliance as needed for new projects
- We’re still a young company with a lot to learn and build, need people who will be flexible, engaged, and ready to jump into something new
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success
- Minimum 2 years of experience at a startup, top consulting firm, an NVOCC pricing, procurement or operations team or in a supply-chain role, hands on experience of Transpacific trade is a plus; also open to candidates from other industries as well. We are trying to diversify our team!
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.