Flexport is on a mission to fix the user experience in Global Trade. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
We’re looking for a pragmatic, growth and culture minded leader with a proven track record of success to lead our Shenzhen (South China) office. As the Director of Account Management & Operations Shenzhen, you will have end to end ownership for all commercial and service teams in Shenzhen for Flexport including overall organization leadership for the Shenzhen office. You will lead and inspire the teams to meet company objectives for growth, margin, operational excellence, and stakeholder satisfaction as measured by NPS. You will lead multiple teams (sales, service and operations, G&A) and dozens of highly talented future leaders. You will be responsible for developing multiple employees for promotion in this fast growing company. You will report into our GM of Asia and work closely with all global leaders.
What you’ll do:
- Build strong sales, account management, and operations teams;
- Provide leadership and direction to a high-performance team of managers and individual contributors, including hiring, training, and career development;
- Develop specific and targeted goals within each team to expand and accelerate growth & adoption, operational excellence and customer & carrier satisfaction (NPS);
- Execute on “supplier sales” program including driving adoption of the Flexport platform, generate inorganic growth opportunities and drive network effects of online adoption.
- Create, monitor and manage key performance metrics;
- Find innovative and creative ways to improve and increase performance;
- Implement best practices to support consistent and consultative sales and client success processes;
- Adopt and continually refine effective and aligned overall go-to-market strategy;
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the Leadership Team to get things done.
- Operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements.
- Lead and inspire top talent to reinvent and streamline processes, practices and behaviors to drive customer and carrier success.
- Foster a culture of empowerment, inclusiveness, operational agility and an obsession with service to make Flexport the preferred partner to our local customers(factories, shippers, suppliers) and service providers (carriers & truckers).
- Be local and global, you balance global and local practices to deliver maximum value to our customers, carriers and regulators.
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of experience scaling client-facing service and operations teams including leading managers of managers in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven leadership, coaching and management skills,
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively;
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills;
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company;
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where you’ll be asked to take on and run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, and learn quickly;
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small;
- High integrity individual who’s enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education;
- Bachelor's Degree from a top-tier institution; MBA preferred;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Strong command of English and Chinese
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.