Build the teams to reinvent global trade
As a Technical Sourcer, you’ll identify and engage future Flexport engineers, helping us achieve our ambitious goals of fundamentally changing an industry through the use of technology. Our ideal candidate understands the importance of bringing the best talent to Flexport and is excited to conceive and execute on a myriad of sourcing strategies and tactics.
Our team values candor, long-term thinking, and teamwork. The technical recruiting team is being built from scratch, expanding rapidly, and will provide many opportunities for ownership and development.
- Source passive talent for Flexport’s technical functions
- Develop an understanding of Flexport’s products, technology, market position, and employer value proposition to successfully identify and engage passive talent
- Work hand-in-hand with recruiters and engineers to devise and execute sourcing plans
- Bring your unique skill set to a variety of strategic initiatives such as employee referral, event, diversity, and industry hiring
You should have:
- BA/BS degree
- 6 months - 1 year plus experience sourcing in software engineering, product, or design for a startup or leading technology company
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a penchant for data
- Basic awareness of modern software development tools and tech stacks
- A strong desire to build an organization, have fun, grow, and succeed!
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.