Build the platform that powers global trade
Trade is highly collaborative, with multiple parties interacting across the globe. Our vision is to unite modern technology with human collaboration to raise the access and quality of trade. We want to make trade accessible to all. As a senior product manager on the platform team, you will develop and execute a roadmap to help us build the operating system for global trade and empower other product teams at Flexport. You will work on messaging, collaboration and data services and provide our teams with a world-class platform that enable them to delivery delightful products to their customers.
- Own and deliver complex features and products that improve the end-to-end customer experience
- Inspire and lead cross functional teams of engineers, product managers, designers, data analysts, and domain experts
- Participate in research and user discovery with internal product teams and external partners
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding Flexport’s systems and the trade landscape to solve real problems with technology
You should have:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager, preferably within a startup environment
- Crystal clear communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage a complex set of products at different stages of their lifecycle
- Experience driving impact through cross-functional leadership
- Eagerness to influence and elevate the PM team by identifying process improvements and mentoring others
- Bonus: Logistics or a SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise Product experience
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.