Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport is looking for an eager and driven Marketing Development Representative to help accelerate our hyper-growth! Start your career off by learning what it takes to disrupt a trillion dollar industry at one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies.
As a Marketing Development Representative you’ll take ownership of our inbound lead relationships from the time they first engage with our website, to when they’re ready to have a deeper sales conversation. You’ll set up qualified opportunities for our sales reps that grow into successful, long-term customers.
- Quickly identify, qualify, and respond to inbound leads
- Develop a deep understanding of how Flexport solves our client’s global shipping and logistics problems
- Have engaging conversations with our prospects over phone, email and chat
- Coordinate and schedule meetings for Flexport’s sales team
- Help write and improve call scripts that help you quickly understand a prospect’s pain points and priorities
- Work with Flexport’s marketing team to write sequences, test cadences, and provide feedback on outreach campaigns
- Foster strong working relationships with your SDR counterparts and the wider sales organization
- Help maintain and clean our prospect database
- Track and report on outreach and nurturing activities within Salesforce and Outreach.io
- Identify and engage with key contacts at trade shows, happy hours, or other field marketing event
You should have:
- 1-2 years in a sales, SDR, BDR, or customer service roles
- Experience working in tech or other high-growth industries
- The ability to strike up conversations with people of all ages and cultures
- Experience working with Salesforce or the ability to quickly pick up new applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (no typos!)
- The ability to work, adapt, and overachieve under pressure
- Be curious, thoughtful, and a team player
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.