Reduce risk through scalable automation
Properly managing risk is central to Flexport’s success. As a Program Manager within Makers Compliance, you’ll effectively translate Legal and Regulatory Compliance needs into technical solutions that enables Ocean Product to scale compliantly.
Embedded with our Ocean product team, you’ll build strong partnerships with our Legal and Compliance experts and ensure initiatives are properly prioritized for Flexport’s flagship offering. You will think creatively to assist business and technical partners in designing innovative, scalable, sustainable approaches to satisfy key regulatory requirements for our global ocean services.
- Make molehills out of mountains to optimize immediate impact against engineering resources & timeline.
- Proactively identify gaps or weaknesses in existing processes and work to develop solutions.
- Effectively communicate program execution status, key accomplishments, and risks to diverse stakeholder groups
- Be the voice of the team, communicating feature releases and managing expectations with other stakeholders within the company.
- Become a domain expert: understand the market, competitive landscape, and how Flexport’s Ocean service fits into it all.
You should have:
- 3+ years of program management, and/or product management, or equivalent experience at a technology company
- An understanding of compliance and risk concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and negotiate across all levels of the Company
- Experience writing and/or refining product specifications in a collaboration with product managers and software engineers
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix-management environment consisting of technology, product management and business operations
- Ability to thrive to join a dynamic, fast-paced environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities and do what it takes to get things done
Bonus points if you have:
- Industry experience in logistics, freight forwarding, customs, shipping, etc.
- Experience across multiple domains such as technology, product, compliance, security and/or infrastructure
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.