Build the Operations team to help Flexport grow!
Our Ocean Freight Operations, FCL Operations Team is essential to winning new business, supporting all current business, and building out the future of Flexport’s ocean services. As an Ocean Freight Operations Associate, you’ll be an integral part of helping achieve Flexport’s growth goals.
We’re looking for someone who is ready to support the New Way Forward in client-centric customer service. You will need to have a passion for ocean freight and the ability to work with parties across different parts of the organization.
Be an industry expert:
- You will need to bring a passion for client-centric, data-driven customer service anchored on a strong fundamental understanding of the ocean freight business
- You will need to stay up-to-date on all ocean freight industry news, market conditions, trends, and challenges
- Work within a Global Ocean Team to manage Carrier partnerships and handle exceptions efficiently
Be an operational leader:
- You will help ensure shipments moving on Flexport contracts move without issue
- You will assist with operational exceptions requiring carrier intervention
- You will collaborate with Ocean and Global Operations teams to create strategy and best practices for routing
- You can take action and appreciate the chaos--things go wrong in operations, be proactive and find solutions
Focus on strategy and development:
- You will take a data-focused approach in supporting Flexport’s operational teams and our decision-making processes
- You will create tools for internal use to build efficiency and share knowledge, both within the team and company
- You will collaborate with operations, sales, marketing, compliance, and other departments as needed for new projects
- We’re still a young company with a lot to learn and build, need people who will be flexible, engaged, and ready to jump into something new
You should have:
- BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success
- 1-3 years of experience in operations, customer service or, a supply-chain role
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a non-structured environment
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
- A mastery of digital communication. You keep the inbox at zero and never leave a message unread!
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.