Help grow Flexport's Ocean Team
Our Ocean Procurement Team is essential to winning new business, supporting all current business, and building out the future of Flexport’s ocean services. As a Procurement Associate, you’ll be an integral part of helping achieve Flexport’s growth goals.
We’re looking for a team member who will be more operational and strategy focused and can manage both import and export trade lanes. You will need to have a passion for ocean freight and ability to work with parties across different parts of the organization.
Be a market expert:
- You will stay up-to-date on all market pricing, current conditions and cost competitiveness
- You will assist with both short-term and long-term pricing exercises
- You can create tools for analyzing market conditions and keeping team members informed on latest developments
- You will manage ocean carrier contracts, rates, and maintenance
Focus on strategy and development:
- You will create tools for internal use to build efficiency and share knowledge, both within the team and company
- You will collaborate with operations, sales, marketing compliance as needed for new projects
- We’re still a young company with a lot to learn and build, need people who will be flexible, engaged, and ready to jump into something new
You should have:
- BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success
- 1-3 years of experience at a startup, top consulting firm, an NVOCC pricing or procurement team or in a supply-chain role
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- The intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.