Join our growing legal team
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. We are growing out Legal and Compliance team in Asia. As our Commercial Counsel, you will support our core business working daily with our local & global Corporate, Sales, Marketing, Finance, People, and Legal & Compliance teams to provide value-added legal advice. You will lead or support various projects with the goal of continuously mitigating legal risk. This is a great opportunity for someone with general commercial law expertise looking to join a lean team and make a lasting impact.
- Proactively review laws and legislation in Hong Kong, PRC and other countries in Asia, and ensure the Company’s policies and SOPs are in compliance with applicable laws & regulations;
- Proactively provide legal advice to the business on day-to-day operations related to corporate, sales, marketing, finance/tax, and HR, etc.;
- Draft and review legal documents, such as G&A contracts and NDAs, etc.;
- File, track and audit contracts;
- Support the Head of Legal & Compliance, Asia and work with the legal team on key projects and initiatives.
You should have:
- Practicing law in the areas of corporate, commercial, employment, tax, and M&A as an attorney in law firms or as an in-house counsel in well-established MNCs;
- Minimum 4-year PQE.
- Hong Kong or PRC bar;
- Native Chinese speaker, and a strong command of English is essential;
- LLM/LLB/JD degree in Law;
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through;
- Excellent communication skills;
- An obsession with client happiness - you succeed when they succeed;
- You execute on your projects independently and on-time;
- Love to work as an integral part of a cross-functional & international team;
- See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.