Start Building with us to help Flexport grow
We are now looking to expand and hire for our Legal & Compliance team in Asia. The Commercial Counsel will be sitting in the Shenzhen office. Come talk to us about the chance to forever change the face of global trade in a professional atmosphere that encourages individuality and responsibility.
- Proactively review laws and legislation in Hong Kong, PRC and other countries in Asia, and ensure the Company’s policies and SOPs are in compliance with applicable laws & regulations;
- Proactively provide legal advice to the business on day-to-day operations related to corporate, sales, marketing, finance/tax, and HR, etc.;
- Draft and review legal documents, such as G&A contracts and NDAs, etc.;
- File, track and audit contracts;
- Support the Head of Legal & Compliance, Asia and work with the legal team on key projects and initiatives.
You should have:
- Practicing law in the areas of corporate, commercial, employment, tax, and M&A as an attorney in law firms or as an in-house counsel in well-established MNCs;
- Minimum 4-year PQE.
- China bar;
- Native Chinese speaker, and a strong command of English is essential;
- LLM/LLB/JD degree in Law;
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through;
- Excellent communication skills;
- An obsession with client happiness - you succeed when they succeed;
- You execute on your projects independently and on-time;
- Love to work as an integral part of a cross-functional & international team;
- See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.