Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. As a Pricing Manager, you’ll join a team of pricing experts whose mission is to configure and launch brilliant new product and service offerings. You’ll launch new offerings via our Marketplace platform, while at the same time partnering with Supply and Demand teams to deliver the best solutions for our customers.
The Pricing Team owns and operates the platform that enables Flexport to design, test, and execute intelligent pricing for our vast array of service offerings. Successful team members can think in algorithms but communicate with anyone. We own Flexport’s pricing models and work across many groups within Flexport including Engineering & Product, Procurement, Sales, Operations, Finance, and Business Operations.
- Design, build, and package innovative offerings by matching customer requirements with Flexport products and services
- Provide pricing and customer offerings to sales and operations globally
- Manage responses for large client proposals & analyze margin, revenue expectations
- Track & measure key results & pricing trends on rate proposals to clients
You should have:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Pricing, Forwarding, Logistics, Supply Chain or related fields
- Experience creating and managing all aspects of RFPs
- Strong project management skills, managing the following effectively: project timelines, deliverables, budget, team accountability, status updates amongst partners and key stakeholders, and event objectives
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and planning skills and fanatical levels of attention to detail and event improvement in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Proficient in MS Office or Google apps
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation